Coda Sedan Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:48 am 

We all know that Coda Automotive started selling the Coda Sedan earlier this year, but it's news to most that Coda has been in talks with Chinese automotive manufacturer Great Wall.

Today, Coda Automotive released an official press release (I guess all press releases are official) stating that Coda Auto, a global leader in EV and battery system developments, has partnered with Great Wall Motors Company to co-develop the first all-electric vehicle for worldwide deployment and distribution.

The new coda electric vehicle will be designed for North American, Chinese and European markets and is intended to be the most affordable EV on the market. Coda is aiming for a price point comparable to entry level internal combustion vehicles.

"This marks the launch of our partnership with Great Wall Motors that will enable us to bring EVs to global markets in a very efficient and cost effective manner," said Phil Murtaugh, CEO, CODA Holdings.

Great Wall Motor Company nearly sold 500,000 vehicles in 2011 making it the fastest growing and most profitable Chinese manufacturer, and the first to pass the European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval.

Here is a picture of Coda signing the agreement with Great Wall at the Chinese Auto Show.
http://www.codaautomotive.com/images/CODA_GreatWallMotors_Signing04242012.jpg

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:23 am 

I found this interesting as well klaus. Supposedly this new coda automotive model will be cheapest electric car ever made in the U.S. Does anyone know what this new coda sedan will be called? Here is the coda electric car article I saw on the same topic. Hopefully we can find some pictures or what the name will be soon.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2012/04/coda-great-wall-china-electric-car-partnership/1#.T8Cf39xSTRY

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:41 am 

Here is a pretty cool picture I found of this CODA automotive deal getting done:

I can not wait to see what type of improvements this CODA sedan partnership will lead to. The CODA electric cars of teh future I am sure will be awesome and especially if they plan to make them super affordable.