Coda Sedan Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:55 pm 

There's an article on the Forbes site that talks about Coda Automotive and speculates if the start up electric vehicle manufacturer will be able to make it in a highly competitive, and at the same time, very small market of electric vehicles.

The Coda Sedan all electric vehicle was first available for test drives back in 2009. Now that Coda Electric Sedans are coming off of the assembly line, time will tell how well Coda Automotive does with the Coda Electric Sedan.

Coda Electric Sedan rolling off the assembly line in LA

Coda Automotive is saying they have hundreds of reservation holders, and Coda's first priority is going through that list. After that, the article speculates that Coda Automotive had better get serious about marketing the Coda Electric Sedan to the general public. So far, Coda Automotive has an all'Clifornia strategy that includes dealers around the Los Angeles and San Diego areas.

Coda Automotive currently has 225 employees and recently moved from a Santa Monica facility to a 100,000 sq ft space in Los Angeles.

The article states that Coda Automotive has a barely visible profile - and that Coda Automotive needs to get some press, like Tesla, or perhaps Coda Automotive will soon be a thing of the past. We at the Coda Sedan Forum tend to agree - although the Coda Electric Sedan has a bunch of things going for it, that alone doesn't make people seek out the Coda Sedan and buy it.

Read the full article here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/eco-nomics/2012/03/26/can-this-upstart-car-company-upend-the-electric-vehicle-market/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:59 am 

I think the Coda Sedan can compete - some think that the Coda Sedan looks sort of cheap, but there are other vehicles out there that are funny looking and people are still buying them (think Nissan Juke).

The price and range seems to be about right, although of course if the Coda Electric Sedan was cheaper it could obviously compete better. But when you think of smaller electric vehicles costing only $10,000 less I think the Coda Sedan is priced right.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:45 pm 

I think the coda sedan is surely in it for the long haul and with a great product. I think one of the key competitive advantages of the CODA electric car is that it is a smaller more flexible company that can move and adapt quicker then the bigger auto makers like Ford and Nissan. I think CODA should really take advantage of TV and social media to promote. Free BBQ tour to famous parks with everything brought in CODA sedan's might be a cool idea. What other marketing ideas can the coda sedan forum come up with? I do think the success of electric cars will rely somewhat heavily on daft advertising and promotion. You are right "codasedannews" a lot will depend on awareness.