Coda Sedan Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Wanted: Coda
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:19 am 

Does anyone have a Coda they want to sell? I've owned a Nissan Leaf for a couple of years and now I'm looking to buy a used Coda. Any color, any shape, running or not... I live in Northern California. I am not a dealer...just a guy with an expensive hobby. pm me, thanks!

Post subject: Re: Wanted: Coda
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:35 pm 

I have a grey 2013 Coda with 1024 miles for sale. I bought it a year ago, and I really like it. However, my plan to use it on the West Coast is delayed; I tried for jobs here but had to take a job in N. Arizona where there are no charge stations. It has been in storage , covered, in Beaumont, near San Bernardino, CA, for the last nine months. It needs to be used. After nine months of storage the battery pack still showed 100%. This car is like new. Asking $18,500. I am in Beaumont now, for one more day. Best to call my cell: 505-470-3014. Or email is checked every evening or two.
Thanks,
Ron Simmons
slushymeadows@gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:45 am 

Hello Ron, I saw your ad on Craigslist. I've already had a couple of people contact me wanting to sell me their non-running Codas. Right now I'm trying to figure out if its worth spending the extra money to buy one like yours. I have to be honest...I'm taking a huge risk buying a car that might only last 10,000 miles then become an expensive brick sitting in my driveway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:13 pm 

If you buy one at this point.... and the battery is good, you are likely in a good place. I was told that if a cell is bad, it will self discharge, if it is good it will not. So time is a good indication of a battery with good cells.... at least that is what I was told.

We loved our CODA until (at least) one cell went bad and the car is now a brick because I can't get a single replacement cell anywhere. That should change soon with the CODA (Mullen) going back into production. Rest assured I will by spare cells once available!

I'm looking forward to getting a few cells, and maybe upgrading to the 50 KWh battery pack if it can be done affordably.. heck maybe I could sell the good cells out of my current battery to pay for it :-)

http://green.autoblog.com/2014/11/18/coda-sedan-ev-returns-la-auto-show-as-mullen-700e/

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1095544_coda-electric-car-returns-from-dead-as-mullen-700e-at-la-auto-show

FYI, our car, which will not even take a charge (220V wall charger will not turn on when plugged in) or allow itself to go into gear (Lightning bolt comes on as soon as the key is turned on)... is showing 100% charge after 5 months... so in our case at least 100%=0% Also, the 12V battery is at 100%, it is on a trickle charger.