Coda Sedan Forum

It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:35 pm 

CODA sent out the letter stating that they can't be responsible for any warranty now that they filed Chapter 11. Does anyone know if there are any legal actions that can be taken to ensure our warranties, or are we just out of luck? Or any extended warranty companies that might want to pick up their claims?

I do know that they still plan to work on battery storage solutions or something like that.

Thanks!
Jamie

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:43 pm 

I own number 61, and I got the same letter. Pretty sure legal action would be a waste of time and money as bankruptcy lets a company off the hook for things they owe, not just bills, but also warranty claims and employee pensions (if any existed). We are basically out of luck. But maybe there won't be any major issues with the Coda. I sure like mine. It's a great conversation starter. -Tim (New Hampshire)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:48 pm 

Thanks Tim. That's what I thought. Luckily we live in LA and the dealership seems pretty knowledgeable about how to fix it (it's been into the shop 2 times for minor repairs already). Like you said, hopefully it withstands the test of time. We own #47 BTW!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:14 pm 

Hi All:

I assume that like me, you've received one or more legal letters from Coda Holdings referring to the bankruptcy court case, in addition to the May letter saying that Coda was filing for chapter 11. I found the legalese in the "Notice of Deadlines and Bar Dates for Filing Proofs of Claims against the Debtors" a bit confusing, so sent it to a lawyer for advice. What I was told is that if we can establish a dollar value for what we no longer have (that would be the warranty), they we can file suit against Coda Holdings for that amount. The catch, of course, is that this has to be done by August 6th, which is not a lot of time. One way to establish the cash value of the warranty would be to find out what someone else would charge for a warranty similar to the one that originally came with the Coda.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, please post! Time is of the essence.

thanks

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:12 am 

As to the above post, where in LA did you say that you were able to obtain service for the CODA?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:25 pm 

brucetbauer wrote:
As to the above post, where in LA did you say that you were able to obtain service for the CODA?

Hi Bruce:

We bought ours from Martin Cadillac in Santa Monica. They say they will continue to repair it, of course not under the warranty.

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:34 pm 

Does anyone know of anyone in the vicinity of Sacramento who services Codas?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:25 am 

http://codacars.com/contact_us you can contact Rick, he might know someone near your area.