Coda Sedan Forum

It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:15 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:10 pm 

Hi helpful Coda Car owners!

We are the owner of a Coda sedan and our car has recently "died" - i.e. it won't startup anymore. I suspected it was the normal problem of leaving it by accident in Drive while turning off the key, but cycling the 12v battery per normal didn't work.

Anyways, it's sitting in a shop in West Los Angeles but they don't know how to scan the codes or find out what the issue is.

Do you work on Coda's or know anywhere in LA that does?

Thanks very much!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:46 pm 

if the codes are temporary and not permanent codes I'll tell you how to reset them.
we'll start by clearing the memory from the computers in the car, so it wont even remember there was an issue when does start working again.
Disconnect the negative (black) wire from the 12v battery in trunk, leave it disconnected for 5min.
Reconnect the 12v battery, then try to start/operate car.

Now; if that doesn't work, you have to go further to reset all components on the car.
First you have to disconnect the negative wire from the 12v battery as described above.
Then jack up the front of the car, under the engine compartment in the rear center there is a large square like orange colored plastic cover.
You need to pinch the tabs to remove the cover, when the cover is lowered there is a connector large black with two very large orange wires. using a tool attached to the cover or a pick tool release the clip holding the connector on and pull forward, removing the connector.
leave the connector out for 15min.
plug this large connector under the car in first!!!
then plug the 12v battery back in.
this sequence is very important!
then try to start/operate the vehicle.